HCG Diet Breakfast: Prepared Foods & Recipes
HCG diet Breakfast can be eggs, cheese, yogurt, protein shakes, bars and cottage cheese combined with fruits and coffee or tea. The higher protein choices ensures fullness thru the morning and good choices at lunch.Total calories for breakfast should not exceed 160 calories in order that the daily calories do not exceed 800 calories for the day. Some prepared food is all acceptable as outline below:
Breakfast is the meal that is much different on the 800 calorie HCG diet as compared to the original Simeons’ protocol. An apple or a few bread sticks is not breakfast and eating only these leads in the long run to hunger later in the day. A lot of overweight people skip breakfast as a way to reduce calories or because they are too rushed or not hungry.Just the opposite of what they should be doing. Breakfast can be very simple or more complicated. Here are some simple suggestions for breakfast followed by some breakfast recipes:
HCG Diet Breakfasts Include 7 Major Catagories
- 2 eggs, a veggie omelet (this can be made of egg whites, 2 whole eggs, egg beaters or any combination thereof). Add 3 crackers to the eggs (Melba toast etc.).
- 2 cheese triangles or slices spread over 3 crackers.
- Dannon Carb Control Light and Fit yogurt with berries or cut up fruit.
- Breakstones low fat cottage cheese with fruit.
- A High protein, low carb bar.
- A high protein, low carb shake.
- Other new choices include frozen Crust-less Quiche from Special K, Just Crack an Egg from Kraft, Omelettes from Atkins. All have less than 160 calories and 5 net carbs.
Note also that there are numerous beverage choices on the HCG diet so you have variety and won’t get bored with the same thing over and over.
Two Simple HCG Friendly Breakfasts
The Importance of Breakfast in the HCG Diet: More Important than Exercising
Here are the reasons breakfast is more important than exercise (hint: it’s about eating, not metabolism).
- For most busy people, exercise is low on the list of priorities; it’s easy for day-to-day events to get in the way of exercise time.
- Breakfast, especially when eaten in the car (safety first!), at school or at work takes no time.
- Breakfast prevents most people from grazing during the morning and making poor selections at lunch. Fast foods and big restaurant type of lunches are easy to consume, especially if co-workers are eating them. Breakfast helps protect us from this kind of eating.
- It helps us slow down how fast we eat lunch.
- Eating breakfast does not speed up your metabolism, just like eating small meals all day does not. How can one possibly speed metabolism up by eating! The confusion may be from the normal increase in metabolism needed to digest food, but this number is a few calories at best. It’s never enough to have any effect on energy i.e. fat that is stored.
If you are struggling to lose weight, think “breakfast.” At home, in the car, at work, at school, or anywhere — as long as you don’t skip it.
HCG Diet Reviews: “Go to the gym or eat breakfast?” may be the choice facing some well-intentioned dieters every morning. If you had only time for one of these, which would be more important?. The answer is clear, breakfast trumps exercise any day.
How can that be? Why is breakfast so important? It can add calories. The answer is simple, if you look at all of the overweight people that lost and kept their weight off, the one thing they all have in common is the fact that they eat breakfast. 90% of weight loss maintainers do not skip breakfast. Almost 100% of successful dieters have breakfast 6 out of 7 mornings a week. In terms of exercise: 50% to 60% exercise 4-5 days a week.
In the figure below, protein for breakfast and late in the afternoon prevents wide fluctuations in blood sugar and decreases hunger. This is even more important in the HCG diet where food intake, and therefore calories, are markedly decreased.
HCG Diet Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Egg and Mushroom Souffle
1/2 cup egg whites
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks adding salt and pepper to taste.
Fake French toast
4 Tbsp. ricotta (or cream cheese)
dash cinnamon and nutmeg
2 pkt Splenda
Heat frying pan. Mix all ingredients together. Melt some butter in small frying pan and pour batter in, spreading a little. Brown on one side, and flip, and brown other side. Use Cary’s No Sugar Syrup
Almond Vanilla Pancakes
5 Tbsp. almond flour or soy flour
1 Tbsp. sour cream
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. baking powder
A couple pinches of Splenda
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Syrup
2 Tbsp. Oil
Mix all the above together. If the consistency is too thick for your personal taste, splash on a bit more Vanilla. Add Cary’s No Sugar Syrup to taste
Mini Omelet Quiches
Eggs are the basis of many low carb breakfasts. They are versatile, inexpensive and easy
to prepare. For a breakfast on the go, boil eggs in advance and store them in your refrigerator. In the morning, grab a couple of boiled eggs and a small bottle of vegetable juice for a quick and healthy breakfast. You can also prepare mini quiches in advance and microwave them at work.
1-10 ounce package of fresh spinach, chopped
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
A few drops of hot sauce (optional)
Simply combine the ingredients and stir together, pouring evenly into 12 foil baking cups that have been prepared with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Spinach and Tomato Frittata
A frittata is sort of a cross between an omelet and a quiche, made on the stove and sometimes finished in the oven. They are a great way to use leftover vegetables, because you can put any vegetable you want in it. In Italy, it is a common item in a lunch brought from home. They don’t take long to make, and then you
can use it for several meals.
3 egg whites
1 egg yolk
1-10 ounce package of fresh spinach, chopped
1 Tsp. minced garlic (adjust to taste)
Spices (Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, White Pepper, etc.) to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg whites and yolk with spices in bowl. Put spinach and tomatoes in ovenware. Pour egg mix over spinach and tomatoes. Bake for 30 – 35 min or until eggs are not runny – it can be more or less depending on how many veggies you use.
Protein Powder Pancakes
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
Splenda to taste
Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Slowly add water and mix until the batter is uniform and of pancake batter consistency. Cook at medium heat.
HCG Diet Breakfasts: Download Free 800 Calorie HCG Recipe Book
Richard Lipman MD is a endocrinologist and board certified internist who has treated more than 10,000 overweight patients in his Miami office with his new 800 calorie HCG diet for the past 10 years in Miami, Fl