Best HCG 2.0 Foods for 2022
What is the HCG 2.0- 800 Calorie Diet?
The HCG 2.0 800 calories HCG diet is an update of the original 500 calorie HCG diet of Dr Simeons. This HCG 2.0 diet shopping list ensures easy access to the best food selections. Dr Lipman has been treating more than 5000 patients over the past 15 years with the HCG diet with great success-not only weight loss, but weight maintenance. After the 2007 low carb craze he noted that many of the new products were low in calories, carbs and fat and were appropriate for the HCG diet. He began to use them with his diet plan. In 2012 he published his plan on Amazon.com, New Pounds and Inches using an 800 calorie diet with lots of very low carb, low calorie snacks. His patients were pleased with the new food choices.
By 2015, with the popularity of the Keto Diet, even more Keto friendly, low carb products were introduced to the market including cauliflower rice and potatoes and even zucchinni pasta. He updated his 800 calorie hCG diet again. The original 500 calorie Simeons HCG diet, has transformed into HCG 2.0 with his 800 calorie HCG diet. You can read the 800 calorie HCG 2.0 protocol or read the complete plan in the New 800 Calorie HCG diet from Amazon.com. The 800 calorie HCG diet is based on eating a lot of healthy foods, many of them fresh vegetables and lean protein. Many of the foods you are usually eating will fit into the plan. On some occasions you will need to do some special shopping.
New HCG 2.0 Friendly Processed Products for the HCG Diet found in the HCG 2.0 Diet Shopping List.
Here are some of the new HCG 2.0 processed products that are suitable for the 800 calorie hCG Diet. They add the much needed variety and carbs to the plan.
- Low carb – low-calorie wraps and pita
- High protein, almost zero sugar protein bars, and shakes: snacks or meal replacements
- Low fat, almost zero sugar yogurt: Newest: Too Good Yogurt by Dannon (80 cal/12 protein/2 g sugar)
- Great very low calorie, low sugar high protein ice cream from Halo Top
- Japanese sushimi, Spring rolls
- Vegetable Cauliflower rice, vegetable cauliflower potatoes, Zucchini noodles, Shitaki Noodles
- No carb, protein chips from Quest
- Just Crack an Egg, Special K Crust-less Quiche
- Low Carb Bread and Bagels
- 15 new Keto and HCG snacks
Many foods can be purchased thru Amazon Prime and Amazon Fresh.
All of the food choices were based not only on how appropriate they would be for this diet, but also the cost and ease of purchase. If the food is only found in a few health food stores, it will not fit into most people’s day to day eating experience. You can download an updated shopping list above. More about getting started on the HCG diet.
Fresh meats, chicken and fish can be some of the most expensive items in a grocery store. In this diet you will need them twice a day-lunch and dinner at least and some protein like eggs, cheese or high protein, low carb shakes or bars for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Protein in each meal and in snacks produces fullness and helps control bad carbs.
If you look through my HCG recipe book you will see lots of food suggestions. However, some of these foods involve expensive ingredients such as filet Mignon, fresh chicken breasts and unusual fish preparations. There are many simple recipes as well. One of the most important steps you can do to keep costs down is to buy your protein in bulk. Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart, B-J’s and many other large retail chain grocery stores sell protein in bulk. When you stock up on large packages of protein you cut food costs almost in half.
Vegetable Substitutes for Rice, Pasta, Potatoes: Cauliflower Rice, Potatoes and Zucchini Pasta
Turning cauliflower and zucchini into thin noodles that can be substituted for pasta has been around for a long time. Recently, many new frozen preparations of these foods are available. Cauliflower rice is 25 calories, 2 carbs per cup, vs rice which is 205 calorie and more than 45 carbs per cup. What a difference!
Choosing the best drinks in the HCG 2.0 diet is more important than what you might think. Water of course, is the best choice. However, some dieters do not like water and are tempted to drink high sugar sports and nutritional drinks. Be careful, they will stop the fat burning in an hour! Zero calorie drinks with zero sugar are acceptable for the hCG diet when the dieter needs a sweet taste. They can add variety and even help with weight loss.
Vegetables and Fruits in the HCG Diet
Vegetables in the hCG 2.0 diet are unlimited except for carrots, beets and beans. These are all higher in carbs than the other vegetables. Fruits are limited to 3 a day and include apples, pears, oranges, grapefruits berries, nectarines, plums and tangerines. Lemons and limes are free.
Newer HCG Friendly Foods for HCG 2.0 in 2022
All of these newer products are in portion controlled containers, have very low carbs and fat.
There are many other foods for the HCG diet.
How To Chose the Best Products in a Supermarket or on Amazon.com & Determine Correct Portion Size
How do you choose the best among the thousands of products in a supermarket, all claiming to be the latest “low-calorie,” “low-fat,” “reduced sugar” or “no sugar added” product? Which products fit into the guidelines of this plan and which do not? Ease of Portion Control–More Important in 2020 than Ever! One of the key factors is some degree of “automatic” portion control when it comes to so-called comfort foods. In the HCG Diet shopping list, all of the foods and beverages were selected based on the following criteria:
- Ease of purchase and cost: If you have to search store after store for a product, or if the product is too expensive, it will never become part of your family’s everyday eating experience. Products on the HCG shopping list are widely available, common foods that are low to moderately priced.
- Ease of preparation: Complex recipes or extensive cooking works only for a few weeks, but the novelty eventually wears off and few people will continue preparing complicated recipes over the long term. While some of the recipes in my HCG cookbook are great for people who like to cook, many of the recipes are easy to prepare and don’t take too long to make.
- Portion control: Portion control is an often-overlooked issue in most diet plans. Recent studies show that dieters underestimate food portions by 30 to 50%. I encourage all dieters to choose products for their single serving packaging. Dieters should avoid foods, especially snacks, packaged in bulk. Be careful, because while everyone knows that a super-sized bag of chips is not one portion, the medium-sized bag often fools people (it’s not one portion either).
- Desired calories: This factor depends on the specific foods and their preparation. Be careful not to add hundreds of extra calories by frying foods or adding high calorie sauces. Even olive oil can had hundreds of extra calories.(1 tablespoon of olive oil = 125 calorie) Each selection on the shopping list was based on providing an appropriate number of calories for easy weight loss and maintenance for that particular food – while still making it enjoyable to eat.
Richard Lipman MD is a endocrinologist and board certified internist who has treated more than 10,000 overweight patients in his Miami office with his new 800 calorie HCG diet for the past 10 years in Miami, Fl